- 1 Benefits of Walking
- 2 Does Walking Help Lose Weight Everywhere?
- 3 Can I Lose Weight by Walking 30 Minutes Everyday?
- 4 Can You Lose Belly Fat by Walking?
- 5 How Many Miles a Day Should I Walk to Lose Weight?
- 6 How Long Does It Take to See Results from Walking?
- 7 How Long Does It Take to Lose 10 Pounds by Walking?
- 8 How Much Walking Does It Take to Lose 1kg?
- 9 How Many Steps Should You Take a Day to Lose 2 Pounds a Week?
- 10 Is Walking 1 Hour a Day Enough Exercise?
- 11 Important Tips To Keep In Mind
Everyone is walking and talking about the benefits of it! You might have heard that walking can help in losing weight. So if you are a new mother trying to shed extra pounds, or someone stuck in a sedentary lifestyle! It’s time to leave the couch and start walking.
If you are still not convinced, read on for more information!
Plus, you can get answers to the most commonly asked questions after going through the benefits.
Benefits of Walking
Some of the benefits of walking are as follows:
- It can help in reducing stress.
- It can help in controlling weight.
- It can improve your cardiovascular health.
- It can help in reducing belly fat.
- It can help in toning your body.
- And so much more!
In fact, if you are worried about something just start walking at a fast pace and see the magic. Walking can help you in many ways. It is a great way to headstart your day.
Now, let’s see what are the most common questions that might bother you especially if you are a beginner.
Does Walking Help Lose Weight Everywhere?
If you are planning on losing weight, a common question that might be on your mind would be “does walking help lose weight everywhere?” so it doesn’t matter whether you are living in North America or any other part of the world, walking might help you everywhere.
Let’s dig in!
Exercising regularly can help you lose weight but sometimes it is not easy to try different exercises and hence, you can simply walk! Yes, walking can be a great exercise for losing weight. The best thing about walking is that everyone of any age can do it! Everyone walks, right? So you have no excuse for not having certain equipment.
Can I Lose Weight by Walking 30 Minutes Everyday?
If you are wondering, “can I lose weight by walking 30 minutes every day?” then you would be happy to know that yes, it would be a good start! In fact, something is better than nothing so if you are walking 30 minutes every day, it is going to make a difference in your life. Try to walk briskly 30 minutes each day. You can join your friends for the walk to make it more enjoyable.
Consider the following:
- Walking briskly can play a vital role in improving your cardiovascular health.
- When you walk for 30 minutes, you have at least accomplished something during the day.
- It is ideal to make walking a part of your routine. Even if 30 minutes is too much for you then just start with 10 minutes and gradually build the stamina for it!
Can You Lose Belly Fat by Walking?
If you have belly fat and are wondering, “can you lose belly fat by walking?” then you would be happy to know that yes, it is possible! However, you have to be consistent. Belly fat can lead to Type 2 diabetes that is why it is better to shed it off.
However, when you are walking to burn the belly fat, keep the following things in mind:
- Make sure you are doing the brisk walk. A brisk walk of 45 minutes would be suitable.
- Make sure your heart rate is fast enough so that walking can be effective for burning fats.
It is important for you to keep in mind that walking would not specifically target the belly fat as it would help you in losing fat from the entire body including the belly fat! Apart from all this, make sure you are also maintaining a healthy diet.
How Many Miles a Day Should I Walk to Lose Weight?
When you hear about walking to lose weight or if you are impressed by the benefits of walking, a common question that might occur to your mind would be, “how many miles a day should I walk to lose weight?” some experts are of the view that you can walk five miles to lose weight. The science is simple, consider the following:
1 mile = 2000 steps
5 mile = 10,000 steps
By waling 10,000 steps, you would be able to lose 500 calories. That’s 500 calories you are burning each day. Thus, in 7 days you would be able to burn 7 x 500 calories= 3500 calories.
In order to burn 1 pound, you need to burn 3500 calories! Interesting, right?
How Long Does It Take to See Results from Walking?
If you are still confused and wondering, “how long does it take to see results from walking?” then read on!
It is important for you to keep in mind that losing weight and getting yourself back in shape requires constant effort. It has to be consistent. Think about this:
Did you gather all this weight in one day, one month, or one year?
If you have gathered all the weight over the years then give yourself some time! However, ideally, it is best to combine exercise or walking with diet change.
The result would depend on different factors such as the age of the person, body type, genes, effort, diet changes, and so much more! Let’s assume you are making changes in your diet and have started brisk walking and are losing 500 calories in a day. Then according to the calculations mentioned above, you would be able to see results in a week! But, it would depend on each person as every individual is unique and so is their body composition.
Make sure you are consuming a healthy diet along with walking!
How Long Does It Take to Lose 10 Pounds by Walking?
If you are planning to lose 10 pounds then you might be wondering, “how long does it take to lose 10 pounds by walking?”
Well, if you are looking for a quick solution! Don’t. Remember the key is to be consistent. You have to work really hard!
But, consider the following:
1 pound= 3500 calories
It means you have to shed 500 calories every day to lose 1 pound in 1 week. Thus, for 10 pounds, you can expect 10 weeks! But it depends on how much time you are giving to the routine and how consistent you are with your efforts.
If you walk every day for 45 minutes and are able to lose 500 calories in a day then yes, you can lose 10 pounds in 10 weeks or maybe less! But it is better to take it slow as quick results won’t be effective. And please don’t fall victim to the supplements available on the market. It is always better to adopt healthy ways and a healthy lifestyle.
How Much Walking Does It Take to Lose 1kg?
Now, if you are interested in knowing “how much walking does it take to lose 1 kg?” again the math is quite simple, consider the following:
1 kg = 2.2 pounds
And you know that:
1 pound = 3500 calories
1 kg = 2.2 pounds
1 kg = 7700 calories (2.2 pounds x 3500)
It means that you need to burn 7700 calories! You already know that walking 5 miles can burn 3500 calories! So, you have to walk around 10 miles in order to burn 1 kg. Basically, if you are able to get a deficit of 7700 calories by walking, you can lose 1 kg of weight!
How Many Steps Should You Take a Day to Lose 2 Pounds a Week?
Now, if you are looking for the answers in steps, you might be wondering, “ how many steps should you take a day to lose 2 pounds a week?”
Again, it is quite simple! Just simple math.
To lose 1 pound, you have to walk 10,000 steps every day for a week. Thus, you can say:
1 pound = 10,000 steps
Thus, in order to lose 2 pounds in a week, you just need to walk 20,000 steps every day.
Basically, you need to have a calorie deficit of 7000 calories, in order to lose 2 pounds! However, it is important for you to keep in mind that you should lose weight, the right way! Never go for the shortcuts as the results are possible but short-lived. In fact, it can also create an impact on your health.
Whenever you plan to change your lifestyle make sure you discuss it with your doctor! Always follow the doctor’s recommendation.
Is Walking 1 Hour a Day Enough Exercise?
If you are a beginner and wondering, “is walking 1 hour a day enough exercise?”
Walking can be the best form of exercise for anyone. Depending on your pace, age, health, diet, and many other factors it can be enough to walk 1 hour a day!
When it comes to walking, it is the easiest thing to do! But remember when you are trying to lose weight aim for the brisk walk! Always ask your doctor if you have any underlying medical condition.
Important Tips To Keep In Mind
Below are some tips that can be of help:
- Walking help lose weight everywhere! You don’t have to be in the park or gym. You can walk in your home! However, if you can enjoy fresh and open-air that would be the best.
- You can use a smart-watch or a fitness app in your smartphone that can record your steps. It would be easy to track the number of steps with the help of a device. In fact, some of the apps reward you for the steps and it motivates you to achieve your goal.
- Begin walking or any other exercise with a positive mindset. Make sure you have a goal in your mind. This goal could be your better health. Try to become the best version of yourself.
- Walking is great but if you combine it with a healthy lifestyle and healthy eating habits, it can help you a lot. In fact, you are likely to see improved results with a clean diet.
- You can also try portion control along with walking! Basically, you have to control the quantity of food you consume in a day. Portion control can help you in reducing the number of calories you consume each day. For example, instead of consuming 5 slices of bread in the breakfast, you can opt for 3! Plus, walk 10,000 steps every day! Thus, keeping in view the basic mathematic calculations above, you would be able to shed some weight.
- If you plan on losing weight for a special occasion, it would be best to start walking accordingly! For example, if there is a wedding in December make sure you begin your goal in June. It would be better to make walking your routine. In fact, make it a part of your life so that you are able to achieve the desired results plus, you can enjoy a healthy lifestyle!
- You can start a competition with your friends or family members where you can walk every day and motivate each other. You can use various apps for this purpose. In fact, nowadays modern smartphones have the option to see the statistics related to your health that also show how active you are in a day.
It appears that walking can help you in many ways! It doesn’t matter how young or old you are, walking is the most suitable option. In fact, if you know someone who wants to lose weight but making excuses you can tell the benefits of walking. All you have to do is walk! But don’t forget to maintain a balanced diet and overall live a healthy life! Avoid sugar, alcohol, junk food, or anything unhealthy that can create a negative impact on your health.
You can do it! Walk!