- 1 Best Automatic Dive Watch Under 500
- 2 How to Choose an Automatic Dive Watch Under 500
Over recent years, the dive watch genre has received an unprecedented surge in demand, as most sports enthusiast continually discover their pivotal role in diving. The watch reminds divers to get back to the surface, by providing excellent readability underwater even under poor lighting conditions. It’s, therefore, a vital gear in diving designed with rugged construction, and you should feel comfortable swimming with it too since its water-resistant. You may still need the watch as a backup plan, although you have a dive computer since you never know when things might go south. We have compiled a list of the best automatic dive watch under 500 with a detailed review and vital specifications to help you make a confident choice.
Best Automatic Dive Watch Under 500
Dive watches are more than accessories, and their primary purpose is to monitor how much time you have been underwater and track how much air you have left in your tank. Therefore, you don’t need to be an excellent diver to appreciate these beautiful and high-performance dive devices. Also, you don’t have to spend a fortune on these gadgets, and whatever your budget is, you will find a model that suits you perfectly. Here is a list of some easy to use models with cool features that you can consider.
Citizen Eco-drive Promaster watch
If you are looking for a perfect dive watch for your underwater adventures that will match your casual attire, you may want to try out the Citizen Eco-drive Promaster model. The watch continuously converts any light source into power, thus rechargeable through an inbuilt solar panel. The eco drive watch stores energy permanently in a rechargeable cell to run forever with no battery change requirement. It’s a quintessential option with 200-meter water resistance, a stainless steel case, a perfect rotating bezel, and a comfortable polyurethane strap. Note that you can shower with it, swim, scuba dive, snorkel, or any other surface water sport. Citizen Eco-drive Promaster features a durable, hard to scratch material, and the mineral crystal dial window protects the indicators and the luminous hands, giving a crispy time display.
- It has eco-drive power.
- It has luminous hands and markers.
- It features a screw-down crown that prevents dust and water entry.
- It features an anti-reflective mineral crystal.
- It has a 48mm stainless steel case.
- It comes with a molded polyurethane band.
- It recharges continuously.
- It’s very accurate and looks fantastic.
- It has a quality build that guarantees durability.
- It has a very bright luminous that lasts for a long time.
- It has a very small and hard to read date window.
- The band feels uncomfortable to wear.
Seiko men’s SRPA21 watch
The Seiko men’s Prospex watch Padi edition is an automatic and Japanese watch with perfect hacking capabilities. You can use the hand-winding movement with 24 jewels to tighten the springs so that your device runs for extended periods. The watch offers a considerable power reserve of approximately 41 hours. Seiko men’s Prospex watch Padi edition comes in various color tones ranging from grey, blue, black with golden accents, and you will probably find one that suits your taste. You will like the large luminescent hands and makers, the unique design, and lots of wrist presence. The watch also features a screw-down crown with a back case and a unidirectional rotating bezel. It offers a 200 meters water resistance and comes with a silver bracelet with a double lock push-button clasp that you can extend based on your fit. It’s a fully ISO certified model for water sports that comes with a hardex crystal and a 45 mm stainless steel case for cushioning.
- It offers a magnetic resistance of 4800A/M.
- It supports the second-hand halt mechanism.
- It offers both automatic and hand winding capabilities.
- It offers a 41 hours power reserve.
- It has a perfectly polished case and bezel with solid licks.
- It offers a sound constriction on both the case and bracelet.
- It comes in a perfect appearance and adequate size for people with large wrists.
- The rotating bezel can feel a little stiff.
Invicta-9937 men’s Pro Watch
The Invicta watch gives you a touch of class and authority with the incredible color combination of black and white on the dial. The Invicta logo appears on the watch’s face with the date window positioned at 3 o’clock. Invicta watch has a great design of white details on the markers and hands that you can read anytime. The 40mm case suits most men, and the stainless steel will give you more confidence and attention. You can wear it for any occasion from a dive to the office since it has a fold-over-clasp bracelet to hold onto your wrist securely. The model is ideal for an intense dive or swimming, thanks to the 200m water resistance.
- It has a stainless steel strap.
- It has a 40mm diameter case.
- It features a synthetic sapphire coating on the dial window.
- It utilizes the highest quality and accurate Swiss automatic movement.
- It’s water resistant to 200m/ 660ft.
- The bezel is unidirectional.
- It’s scratch resistant.
- It has elegant craftsmanship and design.
- It has a significant and adjustable strap that suits smaller wrists.
- It may be cumbersome for some people.
Tissot Heritage Visodate Watch
The Tissot Heritage Visodate watch comes with a polished stainless steel case and a large 40mm diameter, suitable for the majority of wrist sizes. It favors the sporting environments with a durable and scratch-resistant sapphire crystal that gives it a curved appearance at the edges. At the back, there is an exhibition case where you can view the gear in motion and the rotor. Tissot Heritage Visodate watch has an easy to use crown with a satisfying click sound as you set the time using position 3, and 2 to adjust the day. It utilizes the ETA Caliber 2836-2 form of movement, reliable and excellent with an estimated power reserve of 40 hours. It also features a timeless crocodile –grain strap, engraved with a durable clasp to secure your watch on the wrist efficiently.
- It has a stainless steel case.
- It features an easy to fasten the buckle.
- It contains bars on the dial to represent numbers.
- It has a date display at the 3 o’clock position.
- It is lightweight.
- It is easy to operate.
- It’s water-resistant up to 100m.
- It’s visually attractive and perfectly crafted.
- It requires much winding.
- The reserve power dries up faster.
Bulova Men’s Gunmetal Watch
The Bulova Automatic watch has an open aperture, black dial ring, and ion-plated gunmetal case that brings out a sporty style. Around the outer rim lie the minute markers with a Roman numeral, and Bulova detailing below the number. Bulova Automatic watch employs an automatic movement that can last you up to 40 hours. It also has a sturdy look due to the scratch-resistant sapphire crystal, which guarantees high durability. Whether you have a small or large wrist, the 46mm case is a perfect fit. You can use it for snorkeling or swimming since its water-resistant for up to 330ft or 100m.
- It has a stainless steel bracelet with a double-press closure.
- It features a minute track and date display window.
- It has a gunmetal case.
- It has a black skeleton dial.
- It supports an automatic self-wind movement.
- It is of good quality.
- It’s water-resistant up to 100 meters.
- It offers a sporty feel due to the silver, black dial.
- It is difficult to read in low light due to the indices design.
- It’s a little bit heavy.
Hamilton men’s Khaki Watch
If you are looking for a watch that combines stupendous features and fashion trendy with a sense of pride, the Hamilton Khaki King watch is a perfect choice. On the top, it has a stainless steel case with a brushed finish, polished bezel and a leather strap that has decorative top-stitching. Hamilton Khaki King watch has dazzling markers and hands with the day and date display in the middle for easier legibility. It also features a fascinating display-back with a window showing the intricate Hamilton’s proprietary movement. You don’t need batteries since it uses the Swiss ETA Self-winding automatic movement and is 50m water-resistant. The strap maintains that traditional fasten style buckle, made of genuine leather with stitching effect.
- It has a brown saddle strap.
- It has a protected steel crown.
- It features stainless steel and water-resistant bezel.
- It has glowing markers and hands.
- It’s durable.
- It is scratch resistant.
- Its versatile design suits most occasions.
- It has excellent date/day legibility.
- It has an incredible finish.
- The case may be too big.
Seiko SKX007K Men’s Watch
The Seiko SKX007K is a well-built automatic diver watch with a stainless steel case at an affordable price. The watch features large enough and comfortable to read white markers, with a contrasting black background. You will love the efficient Japanese 7s26 automatic movement that doesn’t require a battery. Seiko SKX007K is ISO 6425 certified, thus meets all safety standards in diving watches. The rubber strap is 22 cm wide, but you can choose to customize it with another bracelet type to suit your occasion, style, or comfort level. It comes with a manual and two-year warranty covering the internal movement, crystal display, crown, and defects in the case.
- It has a clear day and date functions.
- It features a Hardlex crystal.
- It comes with a stainless steel case.
- It automatically gets powered by arm movement.
- It integrates Lumi Brite technology.
- It’s lightweight.
- It has luminous hands for excellent visibility.
- It’s water-resistant for up to 200m that suit various water sports.
- It has an elegant design.
- It can stop if not Jiggled continuously.
- The strap is a little bit bulky.
How to Choose an Automatic Dive Watch Under 500
Different dive watch models come with varying features, as discussed in the review. However, you need to make other essential considerations before purchase so that you get the best deal at a fair price. You will want to pick a watch that resists corrosion, damage, and water entry or one that fits your intended use. Consider the following factors and evaluate your pick to ensure that you choose a great model that meets all standards to get the best value for your money.
- Water Resistance
For a diver, you need a water-resistant watch to survive underwater, and you need to choose one that can withstand water pressure depending on the use. Pick one with that supports showering, swimming, scuba diving, or snorkeling.
You will want comfortable wear; therefore, pick a watch with a long enough strap and extensions. Also, choose one with suitable case size and weight, which guarantees maximum comfort.
- Build Quality
You need to look out for a quality device with a stainless steel body and case and a sapphire crystal or a hard mineral glass on the dial. You should also check for ISO certification to confirm its corrosion or shock resistance.
- Unidirectional Bezel and Luminous dial
Check out for a bezel that will measure diving time efficiently, and rotates in a counter-clockwise direction to ensure safety. A legible dial will also help you read the time easily while underwater.
- Screw down Crown and case
A watch with a screw-down crown and case securely protects the seal preventing water entry, and allows easy time and date adjustment.
- Mechanical Feature
A diving watch with great mechanical features runs on energy from body movement or light, and you will not need to change or charge the battery.
Diving is an incredible sport that requires extra caution, and a good diving watch will help to keep you safe. Based on your style, color, features, purpose, and preferences, you can find a perfect diving watch under 500. It will bring out that fresh, sporty, and yet classy appearance when engaging in water sports as well as match with a variety of outfits during your outdoor excursions. With a variety of models in the market, you need to come up with your final choice effortlessly and choose one that best suits your lifestyle. While picking your diving watch, look out for the key features, including water resistance, excellent built, and comfortable size that will help you participate in your favorite water sports activities comfortably. The above guideline also provides a detailed review of some reliable brands with perfect features at a fair price that you can consider to suit diverse styles.