The idea of wearing white shoes to a wedding has been around for years, and although “elite” wedding consultants haven’t officially discussed it, brides have been divided into two camps. One camp thinks that the bride should wear white shoes wherever she gets married. The other camp believes that the bride should choose a color shoe appropriate for the dress.
Can You Wear White Shoes to a Wedding?
You can wear white to a wedding as a guest if you wish, but remember there is no set “rule” that says you have to. Most guests choose to wear their shoes in a color that matches or complements the bridal party’s dresses. For instance, if the bride’s dress is a yellow hue, it would be appropriate for a guest to wear yellow or another bright color. If the dress is a pastel shade, it would be suitable for a guest to wear a pastel-colored shoe.
How Much White Can You Wear To A Wedding?
Many brides have asked this question, and the answer is “as much or as little as you want.” It might be a nice gesture to wear a small piece of white clothing such as a tie, hat, scarf, etc.
Some people have gone so far as to ask their guests to dress all in white from head to toe. But, in reality, it’s not the clothing that is important. What’s important is that you celebrate with the couple and make their wedding day a memorable one.
As long as you are comfortable in what you are wearing, you can wear whatever colors or styles suit your personality best on this special occasion. However, if you want your guests to wear only white, it’s good to mention this when you send out your wedding invitations.
10 Style Tips for Wearing White to a Wedding for Guys
1. The best rule of thumb is that if your outfit looks good, it’s probably a safe choice regardless of the wedding colors.
2. If you want to be on the safe side, avoid wearing a black tie with a white shirt and a red tie with a white shirt to a wedding where the bride is wearing white.
3. In some wedding pictures, if you wear black or another dark color, you might be more easily overlooked.
4. It’s a nice gesture to wear a small piece of white clothing such as a tie, hat, scarf, etc., even though it isn’t necessary on the big day.
5. If you want your guests to wear only white, it’s good to mention this when you send out your wedding invitations.
6. A light blue shirt with white accessories is a safe choice, but you might be more easily overlooked if the bridal party wears color so choose carefully.
7. The safest colors for men are red, green, orange, and other bright colors. But, you should avoid wearing yellow or purple since they will blend into the bridesmaid dresses.
8. If you are attending another wedding before the big day, it’s good to wear white at any pre-wedding events, so your outfits don’t clash with the other weddings.
9. As long as you are comfortable with what you are wearing, you can wear whatever colors or styles suit your personality best on this special occasion.
10. If the wedding is during the day, it’s okay to wear light pastel colors, including white, cream, beige, etc.
The bride and groom should always be the center of attention. Even if you think that wearing white shoes to a wedding is a nice gesture, it still might not be appropriate in some circumstances.
The bride should wear her chosen color, any range of vibrant colors, or a pastel shade including cream, ivory, or white even though she will still be the center of attention.
It’s important to dress appropriately for the event you are attending, and your outfit should make you feel confident rather than uncomfortable or self-conscious.
The best rule of thumb is that if your outfit looks good, it’s probably a safe choice regardless of the wedding colors. If you want to be on the safe side, avoid wearing a black tie with a white shirt and a red tie with a white shirt to a wedding where the bride is wearing white.